I’ve never done a Friday Five before, and I might not do one again. I just happen to have multiple things to mention today.
1. I am guest blogging at Hope’s Bookshelf today. In honor of her birthday, I actually share something from the journal I kept in high school.
2. Hope is also hosting a giveaway of Secrets of Truth & Beauty. Go on over and enter to win your free copy!
3. I don’t often post links to my reviews in the blog, but this one really touched me. I think we write to reach others and to be understood, and this review makes me feel like I succeeded.
4. I got my contributor copy for the Children’s Writer’s & Illustrator’s Marketplace, and man that is one useful book, no matter where you are in your writing career. Sara Zarr’s essay on revision was particularly eloquent, and I’m looking forward to Ellen Wittlinger’s piece on including GLBT characters.
5. Laurie Halse Anderson is encouraging people to write every day in August. I admit I haven’t managed to do it (writing under the influence of the post-wisdom teeth extraction painkillers seemed a bad idea), but I’m finding her prompts quite inspiring.
That was fun and linky. Maybe I will do it again.